- The move continues the US Securities and Exchange Commission’s record of denying or deferring action on all spot bitcoin ETF applications.
- According to separate filings Monday, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has postponed judgments on applications for spot bitcoin exchange-traded funds from WisdomTree Investments (WETF) and One River Asset Management.
- In each of the filings, the SEC stated, “The Commission believes it appropriate to designate a longer period within which to take action on the proposed rule change so that it has ample time to examine the proposed rule change and any comments received.”
- One River’s proposal has been postponed until April 3, and WisdomTree’s has been postponed until May 15. WisdomTree’s application had previously been dismissed by the SEC in December, but the fund manager had made revisions and resubmitted.
- All spot bitcoin ETFs have been refused by the SEC or have had their rulings postponed. The SEC’s most recent moves, prior to Monday’s statements, were last month’s denials of applications from NYDIG and Global X.
Disclaimer: These are the writer’s opinions and should not be considered investment advice. Readers should do their own research.