Please enter CoinGecko Free Api Key to get this plugin works.

On the SXP Blockchain, a decentralised network develops a Minecraft clone metaverse

DAOs demolish barriers formerly erected by Web2 technology, allowing communities to accomplish world-altering tasks without centralised control.

A metaverse is, by definition, a network including a collection of two- and three-dimensional virtual worlds where users can interact and create strong social ties as part of a larger community. Many believe that Web2 platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook satisfy the desire for community, but in truth, their foundations rely on centralization and a leader. Consequently, despite their best efforts, these communities will never create the foundation necessary for a group of like-minded individuals to fulfil their aims, at least not without friction.

Blockchain technology and decentralised autonomous organisations (DAOs) constitute a critical basis for empowering communities with the authority and autonomy to set direction, allocate resources, and effect genuine change. Currently, centralised authority are frequently restrictive, contributing to the inefficiency with which communities pursue their main objective.

Solar has evolved as a community-driven blockchain project with the goal of establishing a truly governed ecosystem. As enterprise-grade applications become a part of a larger ecosystem, their blockchain ultimately provides a vast array of features and tools to support them. As a result, Solar works with a community-centric objective, inviting users to participate in their governance system or contribute to their platform as a voter, delegate, or participant in the metaverse.

Since then, the team has published a Minecraft-like “blockcraft” implementation enabling users to interact with what will soon be a vast metaverse. The first alpha release is scheduled for the Easter egg hunt for research as a preliminary step to gauge community interest. District 53, a Minecraft-based game for desktop and mobile devices, will be developed as part of the Solar project’s ongoing effort to establish a metaverse, which was prompted by the initial success of the event.

 

A district where the community takes the lead

District 53 incorporates a number of successful components from prior metaverse initiatives, such as Decentraland and Sandbox, including the auction-style purchasing of land. In accordance with this structure, 90 percent of the initial transaction cost will be burnt, leaving 10 percent to be allocated to the District 53 developers.

The land will be delivered as a non-fungible token (NFT) to the user’s wallet address upon purchase. As an NFT, users will be able to access the District 53 game with the same wallet address, allowing them to construct and alter these assets. This land will remain completely under the ownership of the owner until they wish to sell. On the Solar NFT marketplace, where the seller will retain 100 percent of the revenues, sales will thereafter occur.

However, in-game land is not the only activity that rewards gamers. Users will have the possibility to participate in several in-game transactions that combine minigames as an SXP earning opportunity.

District 53 is also planned with business in mind, providing chances for developers, businesses, and brands to display their goods and other products in the main area. This is coincidentally the same location where players can spawn.

 

Completion of the DAO changeover

Currently, the Solar community consists of 35,000 individuals who have contributed to the project’s efforts toward achieving its roadmap goals. Effectively, the Solar team has remained committed to aligning their project with EOS, Solana (SOL), and Ethereum (ETH).

To continue fostering community engagement, Solar has confirmed plans to sell off all the land and advertising spaces, beginning with the least valuable plot and proceeding until all the land is gone. In the near future, land selling features will be introduced, but the final version of the metaverse will not be available until the end of the year.

 

Disclaimer: These are the writer’s opinions and should not be considered investment advice. Readers should do their own research.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook
Twitter
Telegram

Recent Posts

Follow Us