Binance US CEO Brian Shroder stated Monday that the company is on pace for an initial public offering (IPO) in two to three years, with a “couple of hundred million dollars” in investment to be announced in April.
- Changpeng Zhao, also known as ‘CZ’, the founder and CEO of Binance, initially discussed the fundraiser in November last year.
- Binance US earned more earnings in Q4 2021 than Uber has since its beginning, Shroder added.
- Binance US is neither a subsidiary of or affiliated with Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume.
- By the end of 2022, Binance US will be licensed in all of the country’s jurisdictions – it is now seeking licences in New York, Texas, Idaho, Hawaii, and Vermont.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission initiated an investigation into Binance US’s relationship with two trading firms with ties to CZ in February.
Disclaimer: These are the writer’s opinions and should not be considered investment advice. Readers should do their own research.